Richard Sherratt and Lynn Allan
Both Commissioners and Service Provision Managers have to make decisions on service re-design and new services. To do this they need to be aware of innovation, best practice and risk factors outside their own Health Community.
1. To harvest information on patient safety to inform best practice, innovation and risk factors, which will support the horizon scanning process in Acute Trusts.
2. To produce a monthly blog update on patient safety to be published on the 28th day of every month.
3. To search a wide range of resources and assess the quality of those resources
4. Patient safety will search for information on preventating adverse incidents including:
- lessons learned from mistakes (new procedures)
- new regulations
- checklists, toolkits, risk assessments for surgery
- reporting procedures – never events
5. The aim of the blog update is not to produce a current awareness service on all new information and resaerch on patient safety.